Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
Sanford, Fla. -- Nearly two dozen potential jurors interviewed during the past week were told today to return to the courthouse next week for more questioning.
Court recessed today with 7 more jurors interviewed but no jury selected.
Those interviewed today touched on the fact that this case has largely escalated around both George Zimmerman's and Trayvon Martin's race.
While that fact was largely discussed and presented by the media, some of those interviewed said it was irrelevant.
For several potential jurors today, race was a non-issue.
They acknowledged questions of race and motive quickly became part of the attention surrounding this case.
One potential juror said the rallies and racial dialougue brought up discussions of the City of Sanford's past.
But all seemed to agree that while race was certainly touched on, it wouldn't affect their end decision.
We learned this afternoon that 6 of the 7 individuals interviewed today will move on to group questioning.
Attorneys will continue individually questioning jurors on Monday. The first group of 40 is expected to be questioned on Tuesday.
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence
- Zimmerman Trial: First Full Day For The Defense
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Zimmerman Trial: Family Members Testify As Defense Opens Case
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon Martin's Father Testifies
- Zimmerman Trial: Forensic Pathologist Testifies For The Defense