Anthony Tries to Dismiss Gonzalez, Kronk Claims
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Casey Anthony asked a judge this week to dismiss two claims in her bankruptcy case that her attorneys say are baseless.
Anthony's attorneys on Thursday filed motions to dismiss the claims brought by Zenaida Gonzalez and meter reader Roy Kronk. Both say they were defamed by Anthony and they should be considered creditors in her federal bankruptcy case in Tampa.
Anthony told detectives that a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The detectives were investigating the girl's 2008 disappearance. Anthony was acquitted in 2011 of murdering her daughter.
Kronk found Caylee's remains in woods near Anthony's home. He says he was defamed when Anthony's defense team made false statements, including that Kronk killed Caylee and that he moved the remains.
Anthony's bankruptcy attorneys dismissed the claims as false.
"Over the years, many persons have pursued actions in which they sought to profit, one way or another, from Ms. Anthony's ordeal," her attorney, David Schrader, wrote in the motion. "All of the claimants have been rebuffed and turned away empty-handed, though most of them enjoyed their 'fifteen minutes' of fame while their claims were pending, which was the real objective."
Anthony is scheduled to be deposed next week as part of Gonzalez's claim, although that could be delayed if her attorneys ask a judge to stop the proceeding.
Schrader didn't return an email and phone call seeking comment on whether he would file a request to stop the deposition.
- Anthony's Attorneys Try to Block Deposition
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement
- Carnival Seeks Dismissal of Triumph Lawsuits
- Casey Anthony Judge: There Was Enough to Convict
- Casey Anthony Bankruptcy Hearing Postponed
- Anthony Paying $25,000 to Avoid Writing Life Story
- Florida's Shands to Pay $26M Over False Claims
- Rescuers Try to Help Pets That Need Each Other
- Anthony Weiner Admits to More Lewd Photos
- Texas Search Firm Seeks $100K From Casey Anthony