Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Governor Attends Funeral
Funeral Services for the corrections officer killed at the Columbia Corrections Institute by an inmate are set for this morning.
Governor Rick Scott will be one of the many to attend the funeral of Ruben Thomas.
Services are set to take place at Christ Central church in Lake City at 11 am.
Thomas was stabbed to death by an inmate who was serving a life sentrnce for murder.
The prison put together a fundraiser that will be put into a special trust fund for the family.
So far they have raised over ten-thousand dollars, and are hoping to reach their goal of forty-thousand.
Fellow co-workers say Thomas was a well respected officer that was known for his hard work.
He leaves behind his fiancee, one-year-old daughter, and unborn child.
If you would like to donate, click on this link.
- Donations For Killed Corrections Officer
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Correctional Institute on Lockdown After Officer Attacked
- Putnam Corrections Officer Arrested on Drug Charges
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial Day Two
- Corrections Officer Arrested
- Bradford County Corrections Officer Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Corrections Officer Quits
- Correctional Officer Accused of Stealing Hundreds of Identities