Governor Attends Funeral
Funeral Services for the corrections officer killed at the Columbia Corrections Institute by an inmate are set for this morning.
Governor Rick Scott will be one of the many to attend the funeral of Ruben Thomas.
Services are set to take place at Christ Central church in Lake City at 11 am.
Thomas was stabbed to death by an inmate who was serving a life sentrnce for murder.
The prison put together a fundraiser that will be put into a special trust fund for the family.
So far they have raised over ten-thousand dollars, and are hoping to reach their goal of forty-thousand.
Fellow co-workers say Thomas was a well respected officer that was known for his hard work.
He leaves behind his fiancee, one-year-old daughter, and unborn child.
If you would like to donate, click on this link.
- Donations For Killed Corrections Officer
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Race to the Governor's Office
- Ex-corrections officer, others get prison in fraud
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- Correctional Institute on Lockdown After Officer Attacked
- Putnam Corrections Officer Arrested on Drug Charges
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial Day Two