Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
24 year old Sgt. Ruben Thomas was killed in the line duty at Columbia County Correctional Institution and today people mourned his loss in Lake City.
Hundreds of people were at the funeral, including police officers from all over Florida to honor one of their own.
He was a correctional officer in the prime of his career.
"He was a young sergeant, and he had just gotten promoted recently so he was definitely on his way up and this is the ultimate tragedy to have to end a life like this.
Those who attended the funeral wrote down memories they had of Sgt. Thomas, leaving them behind with his family so that his children can read the memories when they are older.
Sgt. Thomas leaves behind his wife and daughter, as well as his unborn son who will be named after him.
- Donations For Killed Corrections Officer
- Officer Killed in Line of Duty
- Two Miami-Dade County Men Steal Bait Trailer
- Plans For The Vacant Gainesville Correctional Institution Building
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial Day Two
- Bradford County Corrections Officer Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Lake City Officer Shooting
- Lake City Police Officer Arrested: She Turned Herself In