Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
A correctional officer with Hamilton Correctional Institution was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with five counts of possession of child pornography, a third degree felony.
Stanley Romero Johnson, 44, of Lake City was arrested at his home in by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Cyber Crime Squad and the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
According to an FDLE press release, police had a warrant to search Johnson's home located at 602 NW Emeral Lakes Drive after suspecting there were child pornography images on his computer.
Johnson was booked into the Columbia County jail, but he was released Friday on a $25,000 bond.
- Marion County Man Charged with Possessing Child Pornography
- Three Arrested for Child Neglect in Lake City
- Law enforcement searching for missing Lake City woman
- Search efforts for missing Lake City woman grows
- FDLE: Sheriff's deputies cleared in Lake City shooting
- Summerfield Business Owner Charged with Child Pornography
- Child Pornography Arrest
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Levy County man charged with child pornography
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby