Right Time to Buy?
A new report out shows sales on existing homes are up ten percent from a year ago. In Alachua County realtors say that number is a bit lower at just over 6 percent. Realtors say now is the time to buy your dream home.
These are some of the many homes for sale across Gainesville.
"Its lovely we only have a few at a time that are up for sale," Muriel Albrecht, homeowner in Ashton neighborhood.
Some of the homes are for sale in the Ashton subdivision.
"Everyone is usually at home and comfortable here," Albrecht said.
Muriel Albrecht has lived in the neighborhood for 17 years, she bought this house, minutes after getting a tour.
"We saw it once, this was the house and layout it was perfect exactly what we wanted," Albrecht said.
She feels sorry for those who bought a home when the housing market was rough, but says now is the right time to buy a home.
"Its too bad they've gone down, because ours have gone down along with but I think its a little more reasonable now," Albrecht said.
Realtors in Gainesville agree.
"Remax Realtor Gary Thomas says certain Factors like "Month Supply Inventory" or "Homes For Sale" can indicate if the housing market is starting to make a comeback. He says though the national percentage is higher than Alachua County's its still all about location.
"Real estate is regional, I mean if you were to go to Miami, or anywhere in South Florida, you'd probably find that they are up substantially over 10 percent," Thomas, said.
Thomas says those effects could trickle its way up to Gainesville. If that trend continues, long term, it could ultimately create a housing shortage.
"If these indicators are right, could it mean that we could experience a housing shortage, in the near future, I don't know but there's some strong pressure," Thomas said.
But Albrecht says if you got the money to buy your home go get.
"Get your dream house."
For Tips on Buying a house.
- Right Place, Right Time...Cop Catches Child Abuse
- Right Choice, Wrong Time?
- Buying Vacant Homes
- Rape Victim Says Rapists Should Not Have Custody Rights
- Recent Bill will Limit the Rights of Some of the Mentally Ill in Florida
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- Support for Legalizing Marijuana at All-Time High
- Florida Senator Attempts to Eliminate Daylight Savings Time Change
- Number of Florida Kids Who Qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch at an all time High
- Fla. Supreme Court Upholds Penalty 2nd Time Around