Unemployment Disaster Assistance Deadlines Start Next Month
Residents affected by Tropical Storm Debby are starting to run out of time to apply for disaster unemployment assistance.
Last month storm waters devastated more than 20 counties due to flooding and sinkholes.
Benefits are available to unemployed individuals for up to 28 weeks from the date of the disaster declaration.
Anyone authorized to work in this country by the U.S. citizenship and immigration services may be eligible for the benefits.
Deadlines to apply are different in every county.
Bradford, Clay, Columbia, and Suwannee County have until August 6th.
Union County has till the 10th.
Gilchrist and Polk have until the 16th.
Help from these benefits will end at the beginning of january next year. For more information, click here.
- Disaster Assistance Still Avaliable
- Debby Victims Eligible for Rental Assistance
- Disaster Asistance Center Closing Despite Oncoming Storm
- TS Debby Damage Deadline is Tomorrow
- Deadline to Register to Vote is October 9
- List of Road Closures from Tropical Storm Debby
- Debby Spawned Tornadoes Over Southern Florida
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Red Cross Volunteers Still Reaching Out to Residents
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City