High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
Published September 26th, 2012
ALACHUA COUNTY - A close friend of both Christian Aguilar and Pedro Bravo spoke to TV20 Wednesday.
As TV20's Alex de Armas reports, the friend would never have seen something like this coming from Bravo, who he describes as the opposite of aggressive.
"Christian was just…he was someone that would just come into class with a smile on his face," said Andres Barbieto. "He would always have a great sense of humor. He was the nicest guy you could find."
But now Chris can't be found, and Bravo is suspected in his disappearance.
"It's not something that's easy to believe," said Barbieto.
Barbeito attends the same Miami high school from which both Chris and Pedro graduated from in June.
"Pedro wasn't a bad guy either," Barbieto said. "If anything, he was a pushover…like if people needed something from him."
Barbeito told TV20 that they were both good students and spent a lot of time together.
"They were good friends, they really were. A lot of people just because of the situation think that they weren't close friends but they really were…they always hung out," Barbieto said.
Barbeito can only stay a day to search for his friend. But people from Miami are continuing to come to Gainesville to help.
"We just need to spread the word around," he said. "We need as much help as possible…today we had less amount of people than yesterday so I mean, as more days pass by it looks worse and worse. We just need more people that's just pretty much it."
Despite rumors that volunteers are being turned away, Gainesville Police Spokesman Ben Tobias said that isn't true.
All agencies and individuals that want to volunteer are encourgaed to help.
Both state and federal agencies are working behind the scenes to help direct the search.
- The University of Florida is Supporting the Search for Missing Student
- Missing UF Student's Family, Not Giving Up
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found
- Accused Murderer Pedro Bravo Appears Before a Full Courtroom
- Blood In Bravo's SUV, Among Other Incriminating Evidence In The Aguilar Case
- Shovel & Duct Tape Bought Before Aguilar's Dissapearance
- Volunteers No Longer Needed In Search For Missing UF Student
- Scope Increases While Volunteers Decrease in Search For Christian
- Christian Aguilar App Launched One Year After His Murder