The University of Florida is Supporting the Search for Missing Student
Published September 26th, 2012
As our coverage of UF missing student Christian Aguilar continues TV20's Alex de Armas spoke UF officials who told them what the university and students are doing to help in the teen's search.
The search continues for university of florida student christian aguilar. friends, classmates and even strangers to chris are doing what they can.
"I don't know him but I'm still out there helping like every other student here should do if they have the time because you never know when it's going to happen to you," said UF Senior, Ani Diaz.
Christiam Aguilar has been missing since Thursday.
UF senior Ani Diaz has a younger brother and and could imagine how Chris' family must feel.
She organized an event page on Facebook to encourage more people to help in the search.
"I started the event invite because a lot of people on the group have been asking 'where do I go and what time' and I feel having it in one place makes it easier for people to go and come out to help," Diaz said.
UF’s Office of Student Affairs has been providing UF students and organizations with critical information about the search...like a map of where the most recent search is taking place.
UF released this statement saying: "What the Aguilar family is going through is unimaginable. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of them. We remain extremely concerned about Christian’s well-being and are committed to finding answers surrounding his disappearance. The UF Police Department is helping the Gainesville Police Department and different Miami Police Departments with the investigation.
"They need our help. they need all the help they can get," Diaz said.
If you are interested in participating in the search for Chris you are welcomed to go to the Alachua County Fairgrounds located at 3100 NE 39th avenue.
Alex de Armas TV 20 News.
- Missing UF Student's Family, Not Giving Up
- High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Volunteers No Longer Needed In Search For Missing UF Student
- Remembering Christian Aguilar, One Year Since UF Student Murder
- Shovel & Duct Tape Bought Before Aguilar's Dissapearance
- Christian Aguilar App Launched One Year After His Murder
- UF Students Paint The Wall For Christian Aguilar
- Pedro Bravo Charged With Murder In Case Against Missing UF Student
- Blood In Bravo's SUV, Among Other Incriminating Evidence In The Aguilar Case