Outlawing Synthetic Drugs
The Gainesville-Alachua County Drug Task Force is patrolling smoke shops in the area to make sure synthetic drugs aren't sold.
Attorney General Pam Bondi issued an emergency rule outlawing 22 new drugs.
The most common are called bath salts or spice.
It's now a third degree felony to sell or make the synthetic drugs.
The Drug Task Force plans to destroy the merchandise they receive.
- Store Owner Arrested For Selling Synthetic Marijuana
- Synthetic Drugs
- Synthetic Marijuana Raid
- Synthetic Marijuana Banned in Florida
- Drug Bust off Miami Coast
- Teen Burn Victim, Arrested on Drug Charges
- Florida Lawmaker Proposes Drug Tests for Politicians
- Drug Deal Turns Violent
- Gainesville Woman Arrested for Drugs, Says She Needed Money for Son's Birthday
- Undercover Drug Bust In Putnam County