North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
REDDICK,FL -The funeral ceremony at United Baptist Church took place early Saturday in Reddick, Fl.
The church was filled to capacity and then some, for a service to honor Army Private First Class Markie T Sims.
Sims and his wife were expecting a child who his friends and family say will know of his father’s legacy even though they never met.
Sims' friend Mike Beard, says the soldiers memory will live on through his family.“Everybody gonna remember Markie, his baby probably young but he will know about his daddy, people will talk about him his legacy will live on.”
Vietnam Vet, Joel Rooseau appreciates the sacrifice, “You can’t do any more than he did, he gave his life for his country. It don’t matter if you’re black or white, his blood was red.”
Sims’ body was escorted to the funeral by a motorcade led by Marion County Sherriff’s Deputies.
He died in Afghanistan after an IED exploded near his vehicle.
- Soldier from Citra is Killed in Afghanistan
- Brother Proud of Fallen Soldier
- University of Florida Police Department Honors Fallen Officer
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Gun Control Debate Continues in North Central Florida
- Soldier Return to North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Veterans Honored
- North Central Florida Honors Area Veterans
- Honoring North Central Florida Veterans, Part 2
- North Central Florida Nurse Saves Lives, After Death