Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after an 18-year-old woman who has been missing for nearly more than weeks was found dead in southwest Florida.
Hernando County Sheriff's deputies said a missing persons report was filed on Deanna Lee Stires on New Year's Day.
Authorities said Sunday that they had recovered her body over the weekend.
Deputies said they are investigating to determine how Stires died.
No other details were released.
- Body Found in Levy County has Been Identified
- Ten Year Old Girl's Body Found in Trash Can
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Missing Airboater's Body Found Near Boat Ramp
- Arrest Made In Missing New Jersey Girl's Death
- Body of Missing Woman Found in Marion County
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean