Candle Vigil Marks 4 Years Since Haleigh Cummings Disappearance
Published February 12th, 2013
SATSUMA- Haleigh’s memory is alive and well among her family but they hope that a prayer vigil Sunday will reignite public interest in finding their little girl.
Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves feelings are clear just by looking around the room, where photos letters drawings and candles are laid out on every available surface to honor one little girl.
Haleigh's Great Grandmother, Annette Sykes says,“It’s important because she is alive, it just, to us it’s a fact, you know she’s out there somewhere, we just want her brought back.”
On February 10, 2009 then 5 year old Haleigh Cummings was reported missing from her Satsuma home.
Teresa Neves says, “She was in her house in her bed, I mean no one knows anything there was no clues, how do you disappear into thin air.”
That question is also on the tip of the tongues of the Putnam County Sheriff’s office and other lead investigating agencies who don’t have a lead suspect in the case.
But Misty Croslin, Haleighs babysitter at the time still remains a person of interest for the family.
Neves says,"The one person that the sheriff’s office seemed most interested in, we don’t have any answers yet.”
Misty Croslin, was in a relationship with Haleigh’s father Ronald at the time of the disappearance.
- Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin Arrested for Drug Trafficking
- Haleigh Cummings Missing
- Still Searching for Haleigh Cummings 3 years Later
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Two Years Since Omar Gibson Disappeared; Family Still Hopeful
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Video Released in Croslin-Cummings Drug Case
- Baird Candle Light Vigil
- Cold Case: Parents of Missing UF Student Hope Science Will Lead to Answers
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit