Verizon to Open Finance Center in Central Florida
LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) - Verizon Communications Inc. plans to open a finance and accounting "center of excellence" in central Florida that's expected to employ 750 by 2016.
Gov. Rick Scott joined company officials for the announcement Wednesday in Lake Mary, where the $50 million center is to be built.
Verizon Vice President Michelle Robins said central Florida was chosen because the region has a talent pipeline "full of finance and accounting graduates." She also cited the warm welcome that state and local economic development officials gave the company.
The center will centralize accounting, finance and back office operations. That's expected to improve customer service and career and networking opportunities for employees.
Lake Mary is about 25 miles north of Orlando and has nearly 14,000 residents.
- Required Personal Finance Classes May Be in Florida's Future
- FEMA Recovery Center Open in Lake City
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- Ocala Trauma Center Fights to Stay Open
- Sinkholes Open in Central Florida
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Five Former Florida Governors Visit University of Florida
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida