ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Homes have been evacuated and a section of Interstate 95 near Ormond Beach was shut down due to a raging wildlife that burned at least 1,000 acres.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports the fire started Saturday morning in Flagler County. High winds pushed the flames into Volusia County and grew to 1,000 acres by the evening. The fire was about 75 percent contained by Sunday morning.
No homes have been damaged due to the fire and the interstate has since reopened.
Meanwhile, more than a dozen homes were evacuated in Marion County Saturday afternoon as a brush fire consumed about 500 acres.
- Brush Fire Update
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Brush Fire Prevention
- Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update
- BRUSH FIRE DANGER
- More Brush Fires
- Brush Fire in Eastern Alachua County