Local Psychologist Reaction on Cleveland Kidnappings
Neighbors have described the main suspect Ariel Castro as a "charismatic guy," but apparently he has another side.
What motivates someone to do what he and his brothers are accused of doing?
We spoke to a local psychologist who explained what type of person is capable of committing such a crime.
Kidnapping and keeping three woman in captivity for more than a decade.
Licensed psychologist Jacqueline Orlando said that she would describe the three brothers as sociopaths.
She said me sociopathic individuals thrive on manipulaton and deceit.
They enjoy demeaning others and most sociopaths dont have morals.
They are characterized as angry, aggressive and violent.
Orlando said if it's true that three brothers were all involved in keeping these woman captive, there could be a couple of reasons why.
"They weren't going to tell on each other. There was a loyalty and at the same time they all probably enjoyed the benefits of having these women do anything and everything that they wanted," said Orlando.
According to Orlando, it's likely that the Castro brothers took pleasure in having the women in a house that was only a few miles from where they were abducted.
Knowing that friends and family were looking for the women, but couldn't find them even though they were so close.
The three brothers 52 -year- old Ariel Castro who owned the home, 50- year- old Onil Castro and 54- year old Pedro Castro were all arrested.
Right now we don't know what roles the men allegedly played in the crime.
Details on what happened in the home while the women were there have also not been released just yet.
- Reaction to gun control discussion after Orlando shooting
- Cleveland Man Arraigned on Rape, Kidnap Charges
- Teen Sexting
- Two Sworn Complaints Filed Against Michelle Dunlap
- Scott Resets Execution Date of Thomas Knight
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- Post Elections Blues at UF
- Gainesville blood donors support victims of Orlando shooting
- Ohio Man Charged with Kidnap, Rape as Women Found