Push America Gear Up Florida Campaign
They've traveled more than 300 miles by bike on a mission. Today members of the fraternity group -- Pi Kappa Phi --arrived in Gainesville for their "Push America Gear Up Florida" campaign.
The team started in Miami and will cycle to Tallahasee to raise $100,000. So far, they've raised $90,000 and their mission is to enhance the lives of people with disabilities.
"This is so special to me because my mom is a special education teacher so I know how hard it is to handle people with disabilities. I love to spend time with them, help to encourage communities to grow closer to them and grower closer to them," Andrew Augustine (Cyclist) said.
City Commissioner Randy Wells made a city proclamation this afternoon naming today "Push America Day." The team will stay at Trinity United Methodist Church tonight before heading to Jacksonville tomorrow.
- Gearing Up For Florida Georgia
- "Gear Up Florida" Pedals Through Gainesville
- Florida Lawmakers Push For Election Reform Bills
- Florida Legislators Push for More Money to Schools
- Florida's Mangroves Push Their Way Through Coastline
- First Lady Campaigns in Florida
- University of Florida veterinarian competes for "America's Favorite"
- Judge Denies Zimmerman Deffense Motion to Push Back Trial Date
- Lawmakers Push to Tax Online Purchases
- Docs, Nurses Push Lawmakers for Medicaid Expansion