Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
JACKSONVILLE - An Amber Alert has ended after police found the body of a missing 8-year-old girl.
Charish Perriwinkle was abducted from a Jacksonville Walmart Friday night.
Police have arrested a 56-year-old suspect in connection with her murder.
In an emotional press conference, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Shannon Hartley described where the little girl was found - "We received information recently which lead us to a church, which I'm not going to identify at this time, off Broward road, where we located the body of Charish Perriwinkle. (long pause) It has been a very difficult time, obviously, for everyone involved."
The victim's mother picked the suspect, Donald J. Smith out of a series of police photos of possible suspects.
Police found him driving his white van this morning.
It's unclear whether he led police to the little girl.
- Child's Body Found in Live Oak
- Child's Body Found in Trunk
- Amber alert update: Four-year-old girl found in Tennessee
- Local 'Miracle Child' visits Washington, Disney World as CMN Champion
- Update: Missing Amber Alert Boy Found Safe
- Amber Alert issued for missing Citrus County 1-year-old and 3-year-old
- Amber Alert cancelled for missing Citrus County children
- What's private and what's public in your child's school?
- Mom Steals From Child's School
- Child's Wish Fulfilled In Motorcycle Parade