Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
MARIANNA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a North Carolina motorcyclist has died and two others face charges after a road rage incident in Florida's Panhandle.
Terry Joe Gibbs died Wednesday. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says Gibbs was injured June 17 when his motorcycle was struck by a vehicle at a gas station in Marianna.
The sheriff's office tells The News Herald that shots had been fired into the vehicle. Authorities say the altercation stemmed from a road rage incident involving Gibbs, two other North Carolina motorcyclists and another driver.
The two other motorcyclists have been arrested. One faces burglary and criminal mischief charges and the other faces charges of aggravated assault with a firearm and shooting into an occupied vehicle.
Neither Gibbs' hometown nor his injuries were disclosed by the sheriff's office.
- FHP Seeking Tips on Tampa Road Rage Incident
- Two Arrested On Aggravated Assault Charges After Road Rage Incident
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Teen Dies After Getting Caught in Rough Surf
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Man Arrested In Gainesville Road Rage Incident
- Infant Dies After Eating Liquid Laundry Packet