Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
APOPKA, Fla. (AP) - The 3-year-old daughter of an Apopka police officer drowned in a backyard pool.
Orlando television station WFTV reports the girl drowned shortly after noon on Sunday. She was rushed to Florida Hospital South, where she died.
Authorities have not released the family's identity.
Orange County Sheriff's deputies say the drowning was accidental, but remains under investigation.
No further details were immediately available.
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- 67-Year-Old Man Found Dead In Laundry Room
- Ocala Teenager Shoots 5-year-old with BB Gun
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
- Pickin' For Kaedyn, Helping 3-Year-Old Leukemia Patient
- Santorum's 3-Year-Old Daughter Taken to Hospital
- Police Officer Shot During Traffic Stop
- Lakeland Police officer arrested on 3 charges