Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - A 22-year-old man will spend the rest of his life in jail for the 2011 death of his girlfriend's 4-year-old Lakeland boy.
The Ledger of Lakeland reports Marton Pal accepted a plea deal with prosecutors Monday. His trial was scheduled for next week.
Pal told the boy's family on Monday that he can't look them in the eye like a man because he's "lost all self-respect for himself.
An autopsy found the boy died from blunt force abdominal trauma. Pal told police the boy was injured at a park. Later he said he made up the story.
The Ledger reports he told police he was frustrated that the boy's mother didn't discipline him So, Pal told police he injured the boy to make up for lack of discipline.
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Florida Man Gets Life For Strangling Girlfriend
- Man Gets Life For Fatal Home Invasion
- Man Guilty Of Infant's Death
- Man Indicted in Sexual Battery in Girl's Death
- Man Guilty of Daughter's Starvation Death
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Two Men Sentenced in Marine Life Trafficking