Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application
OCALA - He was trying to get an advance on his first paycheck, problem was he hadn't landed the job yet.
Ocala police say 33-year-old Anthony Thomas asked to fill out a job application at Martin Oil on Southwest Tenth Street.
When the store clerk turned away, Thomas took cash from the clerk's area and ran off.
Thomas did leave behind the application, with his name on it.
He was located just blocks from the store, and after a short pursuit he was taken into custody.
He was booked into the Marion County Jail.
- Police: Man Tries To Rob Gainesville Liquor Store
- Man Wanted on Columbia Embezzling Charges Arrested After Robbing Ocala Bank
- Man Sexually Assaulted, Robbed At Ocala Hotel
- Ocala Man Beaten and Robbed of Everything but His Underwear
- Filling Voids After Gulf Oil Spill
- Lake City Company Offers 250 Jobs...With Only 165 Applicants
- Woman Dragged By Car While Being Robbed
- Haile Plantation Jewelry Store Robbed at Gunpoint
- Students Ransack Store
- Gainesville Job Fair Filled to Capacity