Ocala Among Top 5 Foreclosure Markets in the Nation
Published July 11th, 2013
OCALA, Fla. - Ocala has landed among the top five housing markets for foreclosure rates according to recent reports
At the same time experts are saying home sales and job numbers are up in Ocala compared to this time last month.
Foreclosure numbers in Ocala are the fourth highest in the country according to a Realty-Trac midyear report.
There are currently more than 4-thousand homes in Ocala that are in some stage of foreclosure.
Ocala realtor, Bert Meadows says there's a lighter side to Ocala's foreclosure issues.
"We still have foreclosed homes in Marion county although our inventory is decreasing, we're seeing multiple offers on homes now, the market throughout the entire country has taken a turn."
Since May, home sales in ocala have gone up 21 percent.
Other Florida markets in that made it to the national foreclosure top five list include Orlando Jacksonville and Tampa.
- Rentals Top Market in Ocala
- UF Ranks Among Top Party Schools in US
- Florida Bridges Ranked Among Best in Bridge Care
- YMCA among top in the Nation
- Florida Near Top in Advanced Placement Testing
- Farmer's Market to Open in Ocala
- Ex-NFL and UCF QB Culpepper Loses Home in Foreclosure
- Orlando and Miami Among Most Romantic Cities
- Gainesville Ranks 7th on a list of New Foreclosure Capitals
- Sheriff: 3 kids among 5 dead in South Florida