Zimmerman Trial Day 8: State Tries to Prove Zimmerman was a "Wanna-be Cop"
SANFORD - As we we entered day eight of the George Zimmerman murder trial...the judge allowed Zimmerman's education records and past professors to testify.
The state claims this evidence will give the jury some motive as to why Zimmerman followed Martin the night of the shooting.
They are hoping the jury will believe that Zimmerman's desire to be a cop led him to ward off what he thought was a suspicious suspect that night.
So the state brought in evidence showing an application where Zimmerman applied to be a police officer, and then was denied.
They also showed evidence of Zimmerman requesting a ride along with the Sanford Police Department.
On the form he filled out, Zimmerman indicated he wanted to do the ride-along to further his future career in law-enforcement.
- Zimmerman Trial Day 7: State Tries to Prove Key Elements of Second Degree Murder Charge
- 155 Bradford County Kids "Shop with a Cop"
- Zimmerman Trial Day 5: Witness Places Trayvon Martin on Top of Zimmerman
- Zimmerman Trial Day 6: Detectives Ask Why Zimmerman Chased Trayvon Martin
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial Day 11: Opening Statements
- Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence
- Zimmerman Trial: First Full Day For The Defense