Divers Find Body of Toddler in River
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa police divers have recovered the body of a Tampa toddler who wandered away from his family during a youth football practice.
The body of 2-year-old Armani Pierce was found in the Hillsborough River early Wednesday.
Police say he wandered away just after 8:30 p.m. Tuesday while the family was at football practice at Temple Crest Park, which is next to the Hillsborough River.
Authorities began an intensive search that included helicopters, boats and a K-9 unit. Officers also went door-to-door in the neighborhood, checking in on sexual predators in the area. Temple Crest Park and began an immediate search for the little boy.
Grandmother Jackie Sanders told the Tampa Bay Times Armani's 6-year-old brother plays on the Tampa Bay Ravens football team. His 4-year-old sister is a cheerleader.
- Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car
- Desk Clerk Mistakes Dead Body for Mannequin
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car