NASA source tells TV20 spacewalk on Dec. 19 will be required to fix cooling problem on ISS.
Michael Bargo sentenced to death for the murder of Seath Jackson.
Florida Bridges Ranked Among Best in Bridge Care
Out of 65,605 structurally deficient bridges in America, fewer than 250 are located somewhere in the sunshine state.
Gina Busscher with Florida Department of Transportation said weather does play a role when maintaining a bridge.
"We are just a good lucky state to have such good weather that we can maintain our bridges all the time. We don't have the problems that the northeast and the Northwest have with the snow that comes down, but like I said their problems also lie in the fact that they use salt to put on their roads and their bridges to keep then safe to drive across," said Busscher.
"If we got a problem say we got a wreck or something on a road or bridge, we put down sand. Sand doesn't have that same chemical in it that would cause the bridge to start rusting and then the extreme cold temperatures can do things to the bridge," said Busscher.
Even though our bridges are among the nations sturdiest, there are dozens of Florida bridges that need to be repaired or replaced.
"Structural deficient means there is something actually wrong with the bridge such as a cracking or spalling which the concrete is falling off of it," said Busscher.
Union, Bradford and Marion have one and Alachua and Gilchrist have none.
Busscher said the state inspects all bridges, but if the county owns the bridge, then the county is responsible to replace it.
"We give them the information and it's up to them to decide what to do with them," said Busscher.
- University of Florida Ranked Number Three Best Value
- UF Ranks Among Top Party Schools in US
- Audio Experts Play Key Role In Zimmerman Hearings
- Social Media's Role During Bombings
- New Research Suggests Virtual Learning Could Soon Play Larger Role
- Your Health: The Role Genetic Counseling Can Play in the Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Florida Ranked Number One in Identity Theft
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- UF Ranks 2nd for Best Value
- Shands Among Nation's Best