Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old out for a walk with her baby sitter died after a driver lost control of his pickup truck and hit her.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says the accident happened Monday afternoon in suburban Lake Worth.
Deputies say 56-year-old Steven W. Barnes remained at the crash scene, but wasn't taken into custody because they're trying to determine whether he had a medical episode.
The Palm Beach Post reports the crash occurred just blocks from the child's home. The child was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center, where she died.
Her mother arrived at the scene moments after the crash. A neighbor who witnessed the crash and called 911 and rushed the mother to the hospital.
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike
- Black Bear Struck by Car on Interstate
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Divers Find Body of Toddler in River
- FAA Delays Closing of Airport Control Towers
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
- Fla. Homeowner Fatally Shoots Invader
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car