Carnival: Boy drowns in pool on cruise
MIAMI (AP) - Carnival Cruise Lines says a 6-year-old boy drowned in one of its pools while at sea.
The company said in a statement that the Carnival Victory ship was on the last leg of a four-day Caribbean cruise on Sunday when the boy drowned. He was at the pool area with other family members.
The ship arrived Monday morning at Port Miami.
The Miami-Dade Police Department is investigating and identified the boy as Qwentyn Hunter of Winter Garden. Investigators say the boy was with his 10-year-old brother in the pool at the time. Passengers immediately pulled the boy from the water and began CPR, but the child was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the drowning appears to be accidental and foul play is not suspected.
- Boy, 4, Nearly Drowns On Disney Cruise Ship
- Carnival: No Reimbursement To U.S. For Disabled Ship
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- Carnival Seeks Dismissal of Triumph Lawsuits
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 3 Tourists Drown in Rough Surf Across Panhandle
- Zimmerman's Attorney Wants Jury Pool Sequestered
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death