Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
BUSHNELL, Fla. (AP) - A 20-year-old woman died when she was hit by a tractor trailer as she stood near her disabled vehicle on Interstate 75 in Sumter County.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Brittany Nicole Bailey of St. Petersburg was standing in the outside lane of southbound I-75 about 10:30 Sunday night.
Troopers say the driver of the truck wasn't able to see Bailey, who was standing on an unlighted stretch of the highway.
Bailey was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Woman Dies on Fla. Keys Dive Trip
- Fla. Woman Charged with Haitian Visa Fraud
- Fla. Woman Meets Son She Gave Up for Adoption
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal
- Fla. College Presidents Given Expensive Perks
- Fla. School Tells Students to Drop Online Classes
- Fla. Homeowner Fatally Shoots Invader