Captain Tony Cruse Passes Away
A longtime member of the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office and the Department of Corrections has passed away after a long illness.
Captain Tony Cruse was known for his dedication and service to the entire community everything from stopping to help a stranded motorist to faithfully delivering food for the food bank.
But he might best be known for the love he had for his family.
He rose through the ranks from deputy to captain.
Gilchrist County Sheriff's Bobby Schultz told TV20, "This morning, Gilchrist County lost one of the best friends it has ever had. Our loss is definitely heavens gain. I join the rest of Gilchrist County in praying for the family of Captain Tony Cruse during this difficult time."
The viewing is Friday from 6-8 pm at Pine Grove Baptist Church off of Levy County road 339 in Trenton.
The funeral will be on Saturday at 11am at same location.
Both are open to the public.
Cruse was 41 years old.
- Celebration of Life: Tony Cruse
- Trenton Says Good-Bye To Tony Cruse
- Former Alachua County Sheriff Joe Crevasse Passes Away at Age 96
- D'Aisha Porter Passes Away
- High Springs Dog With Extremely Rare Condition Passes Away
- Community Advocate Passes Away
- Former Gator & High Springs Mayor Larry Travis Passes Away
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan
- Protests at Funerals May Come to an End in Florida if Legislation Passes