20 Dead Animals Found at Animal Sanctuary
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Investigators found the remains of 20 dogs and cats and took more than 300 animals from an animal sanctuary near Bradenton.
The discovery was made Wednesday at Napier's Log Cabin Horse and Animal sanctuary.
Officials had to euthanize 12 of the animals taken from the home.
The Bradenton Herald reports the animal services facility and local rescue groups have been overwhelmed by the large number of animals they've taken in. Officials took dogs, cats, geese, horses, hogs and goats from the home.
Officials say the investigation began with a tip received by the sheriff's office.
Anyone interested in donating food or supplies for the animals is asked to call the Manatee County Sheriff's Office at 941-747-3011, ext. 1151.
An investigation is continuing.
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- 67-Year-Old Man Found Dead In Laundry Room
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car
- Desk Clerk Mistakes Dead Body for Mannequin
- Sheriff: 3 kids among 5 dead in South Florida
- 2 dead in Apartment Fire
- Deadly I-4 Shooting Was a Case of "Mistaken Identity"
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville