Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
The search is on for a gunman after two inmates were shot this evening at the Columbia Correctional Institution, according to authorities.
The all-male prison of more than 1,400 was put on lockdown after the incident.
Columbia County deputies say a 911 call came in reporting that two inmates had been stabbed.
Reports came in later that confirmed the pair had been shot, not stabbed.
An investigation is underway.
- Two Inmates Shot In A Columbia County Prison
- Inmates, officers injured in riot at Suwannee Correctional Institution
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- State Attorney Supporting Franklin County Sheriff's Office In Stand Your Ground Case
- Columbia County Sheriff's Position Up For Grabs
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Man Shot by Dixie County Sheriff's Deputy