County Emergency Team Recognized as Exemplary Program
MARION COUNTY - Even though the worst of Isaac won't be felt in North Central Florida, residents in one county might feel even better knowing their emergency management team is highly respected by their peers.
Just a few days ago, the Florida Division of Emergency Management informed the leadership of the Marion County Emergency Management of a special status.
The region coordinator categorized Marion County's emergency management as an exemplary program.
It received one of the highest ratings in the state.
The state agency challenged Marion County Emergency Management with a 22-question survey, from which they based most of its ranking.
- Columbia County emergency officials check flood progress
- Postal Service considers emergency rate hike
- Flood Insurance Rates Set To Increase For Subsidized Premiums
- Gun buy-back program in Marion County stirs conversation
- Marion County Rescue Groups Team Up with Rasmussen College for Mock Scenarios
- Money for Emergency Shelters Runs Out...Before the Cold Weather Does
- Marion County's Gold Star Mothers Recognized For The First Time
- Some Residents May Qualify for a Lower Home Insurance Rate
- Free Programming of Weather Alert Radios
- Weatherization Program Helps Floridians