Gator One is a free ride around Gainesville on RTS for all UF students with added routes.Â While a bus ride for Santa Fe students means $.50 and limited access to the campus.
The busing bill is being pushed in the House and the Senate by two lawmakers from North Central Florida.Â State Senator Steve Oelrich is pushing for equality in the Senate and State Representative Chuck Chestnut is preaching the same in the House.
"They just want to see that their students can get on the bus the same way that a University of Floirda student can get on the bus and I think that's right." State Senator Steve Oelrich from District 14 said.
The bill would charge students a few extra dollars a year but would give them free rides all over town and possibly a few more routes through Santa Fe.Â The bill would make it possible for simialr programs at Lake City and Central Florida Community Colleges.
- Better Bandage from UF
- Better Detection for Prostate Cancer
- Free Home Repairs, Better Quality Of Life
- Senior Citizens Seeking Better Protection
- Bus Drivers Push For Better Contract
- Growing Into Better Choices
- Zimmerman Wants Better Management of Evidence
- U.S. Job Market Not Expected To Get Better
- Better Economic Reports, Sales Send Stocks Higher
- Fed Notes Better Economy, Takes no Policy Action