Bringing Their Buddies Home
The Progressive Democrats of Florida held a silent protest Monday on the sidewalk in front of the Oaks Mall.Â They called it "Bringing Their Buddies Home" and they used themselves as a form of art.Â They wore dark colors with signs pinned to their clothes with the names and cities of soldiers who have died in the war.
"We want to express to people that we need to end this war.ï¿½ We need to bring their buddies home... they couldn't make it and we need to bring the rest home safely," Luis Cuevas from Progressive Democrats of Florida said.
A report released on Monday shows Florida has not been hit as hard as other states when it comes to suffering casualties in Iraq.Â An Associated Press in Iraq shows there have been 3.9 military casualties for every 500,000 Florida residents.Â That's one of the lowest rates in the country.Â
Vermont had the worst ratio, with nearly 15 casualties for every 500,000 residents.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV 20 News
- Recovery of Stolen Car May Bring New Leads in Home Invasion Case
- Family's Journey to Bring Home Adopted Son Ends
- "Bring the Harvest Home" Benefits Food Banks
- Robert "Buddy" Gasche Memorial
- Mindtree Brings Dozens of Jobs to Gainesville
- Gainesville Teenager Heading to Panama to Bring Christmas in July
- Bringing Back Bach
- Swarming Season Brings Thousands of Bees to Neighborhoods
- UF Alum Brings Students Along for Campus Trip
- Teens Brings Backpacks to Kids