Karen Johnson has been serving as GRU's Interim General Manager for the last 10 months, but Monday night the City Commission voted to drop the interim from her name.
Johnson will oversee the process for deciding on how to meet Gainesville's growing energy needs by 2013.
She will be negotiating a new contract with the mayor and she says the requests for proposals for a new power supply should be going out on the next few months.
- GRU's Busiest Time
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- UF's Academic Future Bright Despite State's Dull Economy
- Required Personal Finance Classes May Be in Florida's Future
- State Senator Share Ideas on Florida's Future
- Future Fairgrounds; Who's Backyard?
- Paynes Prairie's Future
- Ocala City Manager Talks about Ocala's Future
- Death of Son, Leads to New Foundation and Future Children's Hospital
- City Commissioners Consider New Governance Structure for GRU