A Highly Respected Gainesville Surgeon Is Laid To Rest
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say Weinshelbaum turned in front of an oncoming car on State Road 26 while driving home.Â The driver of that car tried to avoid a collision, but struck Weinshelbaum's car on the passenger side.Â He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Family, friends, and colleagues remember his skills as a surgeon and the special care he gave each patient.
"Nobody cared for his patient better than him. We used to say he's a mother hen to his patients. He was not to be sped up. He would take care of them until he was ready to discharge them." Dr. Bruce Stechmiller said.
Dr. Weinshelbaum received the Physician Recognition Award from the American Medical Association and the Community Service Award from the Alachua County Medical Association.Â He began practicing in 1961.
Funeral services for Weinshelbaum were held at Bnai' Israel in Gainesville Wednesday, February 14 at 11 A.M.Â He was 71 years old.
- Retired Gainesville Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Second Victim In I-75 Accident Laid To Rest
- Two Crossing Guards Laid to Rest
- University Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Marine Laid to Rest
- Surgeon General: Skin cancer rates spike after generation of sunbathing, tanning beds
- 85 Year Old Woman Laid Off After 68 Years At Same Job
- Operation Respect Yourself
- People Pay Their Respects to Fallen Marine