More Brush Fires
The first blaze started in Bradford county about 1 p-m just southwest of Starke near State Road 100.
It took firefighters about five hours to control the blaze. And over that time the fire spread through about 125 acres.
Officials say fewer than a dozen homes were threatened in the area, but some fence posts were damaged. No one was hurt.
The second fire is in Columbia county near Weeks road and County Road 245. This one burned about 80 acres.
Firefighters got the fire under control and officials say the big danger with both these fires is not them speading, but the smoke.
Residents can expect to see smoke for the next couple days. Forestry officials urge you to be careful when driving in those areas.
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Brush Fires
- 300 acre Brush Fire in Levy County is Growing
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Brush Fire Update
- Bradford County Crews Battled Brush Fires
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Brush Fire Prevention
- Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update