Ocala's Downtown City Walk Project
South Florida developer Jorge Gutman says February 2008 is a more realistic completion date.Â The original plan was for the shoppes and parking garage to be built by Christmas 2007.
Gutman has replaced the original site contractor and he has fired the architechture firm that drew the plans.Â He says it was for professional reasons while the architechture studio says it was simply because they haven't been paid a large share of the bill.Â Either way, the project has not gone according to plans so far.
"He's current on his payments with us... Mr. Gutman is. He is doing everything per the contract as far as we are concerned and we are a little behind schedule at this point. But we're working within the time frames that are int he contract." Kent Guinn, a member of Ocala City Council, said.
The loan with the city gives Gutman unitl October 2008 to finish the project.Â He told WCJB he is not trying to flip it and has already pre-sold all the townhomes on the downtown property.
- Ocala City Manager Talks about Ocala's Future
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council
- 'Light Up Ocala' Turns On For 30th Year
- Ocala's PJ Williams Wins Defensive MVP In FSU National Championship Win
- Inside of Ocala's Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Training
- Ocala's Winter Wonderland
- Ocala's Culinary Combat
- Ocala's New Roads to Be Named
- Ocala's New Power Plant
- Renovations for Ocala's Performing Arts Conservatory