Reclaiming Eastside Gainesville
On Wednesday night Eastside residents, police officers, and a city representative from the state attorney's office gathered to discuss the recent problems. Authorities say they're looking forward to working with neighbors to help with vandalism problems and the bad reputation.
"We want to address the perception and have the perception and reality come together. Delivery service here isn't more dangerous than other parts of the city." Lt. Lonnie Scott from the Gainesville Polive Department said.
Police say they plan to go undercover more and use more unmarked cars. They may even start sending officers to the area as undercover delivery drives.
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- Eastside High School's Soulfest Brings Down the House
- Master Chefs of the CIA at Eastside High School
- Eastside Activity Center
- Groundbreaking at UF Eastside Campus
- Eastside High Marching Rams Kick Off School Year
- Proposed Eastside Annexation Sparks Debate
- Eastside High School Cuts ROTC Program
- Renown Chefs Visit Eastside High
- Eastside High School Athlete Dies