Reclaiming Eastside Gainesville
On Wednesday night Eastside residents, police officers, and a city representative from the state attorney's office gathered to discuss the recent problems. Authorities say they're looking forward to working with neighbors to help with vandalism problems and the bad reputation.
"We want to address the perception and have the perception and reality come together. Delivery service here isn't more dangerous than other parts of the city." Lt. Lonnie Scott from the Gainesville Polive Department said.
Police say they plan to go undercover more and use more unmarked cars. They may even start sending officers to the area as undercover delivery drives.
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- Gainesville Basketball Wins Big Over Eastside
- Eastside Relay For Life
- Eastside Dessert Competition
- Eastside Student Chosen For International Internship
- Eastside High School Athlete Dies
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Eastside Students Score High in Math Competition
- Eastside Boys Hoops Advances to State Semifinals
- Eastside's Season Comes to an End in State Semifinals