Risque Business In Waldo
Many residents of Waldo say they don't want an adult business to open near their town. Tomorrow they'll find out when "Cafe Risque" will open its doors.
In a City Commission meeting earlier this month, residents were given a choice of what kind of adult business would be opened in Waldo. But if the County Commission desides to settle a zoning lawsuit tomorrow, they will not have that choice.
"A lot of citizens are against this, these are not the kind of businesses that they want to see in a small town," says Kim Worldey, City Manager of Waldo. "They feel like it's much better in a big town, at least they can kind of get lost and they feel it is not going to bring the kind of people in town you want."
The settlement will be presented before the Commissioners tomorrow evening. If the Commissioners do agree to the settlement, the bookstore can open. If they do not, the case will go before a Federal Judge which may result in going back to the beginning of the planning process or the construction of a strip club.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV 20 News
- ASO Takes Over Waldo Law Enforcement
- Waldo Road Redevelopment Meeting
- Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- 19 year old Arrested for Waldo Murder
- Waldo Police Chief Suspended
- Boil Water Notice Issued For The City of Waldo
- Waldo City Council Hears Officer's Wrongful Termination Appeal
- Allegations Against Waldo Police Chief Szabo That He Established An Unlawful Ticket Quota
- FDLE Investigating Waldo Police Chief