An Adult Bookstore For Waldo
Citizens of Waldo packed last night's meeting hoping that their words would keep the Adult Bookstore from opening, but it did not and now they are faced with a new business in their area.
County leaders feel if they hadn't accepted the settlement agreement it could have made it worse for the citizens.
"The County Commissioners decided the risks were not worth the benefits," says Mark Sexton, Alachua County Communications Coordinator. "That even if they had won the battle here that they might have lost the war over 1st amendment issues and that could have resulted in a full blown Cafe Risque type of business live entertainment on the premises."
The next step for the Adult Bookstore is to begin renovations in the business that are required by the settlement agreement. The adult bookstore will be up and running in the next three to four months.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV 20 News
- Big Decision On Adult Bookstore
- Gainesville Bookstores Saving Students Millions of Dollars
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- ACA Deadline Nears, Young Adults Hesitate to Sign Up
- Deputies: 16-year-old attempted robbery suspect could be charged as adult
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Foster Care Law Goes into Effect this Month, Young Adults Benefit
- Adult Skeletal Remains Found in Satsuma
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation