Gatornationals: Big Bucks Racing Into Town
With an estimated economic impact in the tens of millions, this event is certainly in the driver's seat for our economy. The 38th Annual AC Delco NHRA Gatornationals is predicted to be bigger than ever.
Organizers are expecting more than one hundred thousands fans to race into town for the event.
They say after two Gator national championships, folks want to be a part of sporting events in Gainesville.
"Event sales are up pretty significantly this year. A big increase in event ticket sales from spectators. We have a crushing demand from racers trying to get into the event. The sponsors are all excited and i think we're going have a record crowd."
Experts say in all, the event brings about 25 to 30 million dollars into the region.
The action kicks into fast gear bright and early this Thursday.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Taste of Gatornationals: Best Race Team Food
- Gatornationals: Ready, Set, Go!
- City Hopes Eyesore Will Turn Into Big Bucks For Area
- Gatornationals, Women On The Race Track
- The Rain Is Gone, Races Begin Friday At Gatornationals
- Racing fans head to Gainesville ahead of Gatornationals
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- GatorNationals Brings $Millions to Gainesville
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- Buck Bay Residents Continue Their Fight