Gatornationals: Ready, Set, Go!
Gatornationals is hitting the gas.
Organizers, drivers, and fans say they are ready but will the weather cause a shift in gears?
With over a hundred officers from Alachua County Sheriff's Office, Gainesville Police, and Florida Highway Patrol, track workers say that they feel everything is coming together as planned. Everything, that is, except for what they can't control.
"We're a little worried that the weather forecast is not what we wanted," says Gainesville Raceway Executive General Manager Don Robertson.
But rain or shine, race organizers have a plan.
They say they will wait out any rain that falls this weekend, dry off the track, and race late into the night if they have to. And if necessary, they'll race an extra day on Monday.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV 20 News
- Gatornationals: Big Bucks Racing Into Town
- Taste of Gatornationals: Best Race Team Food
- Game, Set, Mather
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- GatorNationals Brings $Millions to Gainesville
- Bernsteins Ready to Get Back on Top at Gatornationals
- Gatornationals comes to Gainesville
- Gatornationals Drives in an Economic Boost
- Last Minute Finishes At Gatornationals 2007.
- No Camping At Alachua County Fairgrounds During Gatornationals