Life in Prison for Rodney Chaney
He was arrested for keeping a woman locked up and brutally abusing her but Thursday that man found out that he'll be locked up for a long time. Rodney Chaney was found guilty on all 18 charges against him and was sentenced to two life sentences-- and then a total of 265- years to follow.
It was almost inhuman torture with simple household items. The 21 yr. old woman says Rodney Chaney held her against her will and raped her, but that wasn't all. She says he used wire clothes hangers to whip her and even burned the tip of it with a candle and burned her tongue. She says he used a spike and hammer to repeatedly hit her on the foot. At one point she says chaney used a hot curling iron to sexually abuse her and when she tried to escape, Chaney grabbed her, hit her, shaved her head, and trapped her in his bedroom.
"It was a clear cut case of a man that held a lady against her will and tortured her and had the intent to kill her," says Gordon Fulwood, Sgt. at High Springs Police Department. "I have never ever come into contact with anybody that has been beaten and tortured this badly, let alone to be beaten and tortured this badly and still be alive."
Chaney was found guilty of kidnapping, sexual battery, and attempted first degree murder. He used a belt to choke the victim, after she regained consciousness she woke up to him stomping on her head with his foot.
The State and Defense agreed to proceed with the sentencing as soon as the jury gave their verdict. Officials say Chaney was involved in previous cases involving domestic type battery charges.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Maranda Martin Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Paul Quandt Sr.
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Man Could Receive Life in Prison
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Austin Jones Sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole
- Rodney Long Announces Retirement
- Rodney Long Says So Long
- Is a Big Change Coming as Rodney Long Retires?