Pike Fraternity Problems
The Greek Judicial Board made a recommendation that found Pike responsible for the alcohol related violations. The student board recommended that the fraternity be suspended until the Fall 2009 semester and not be allowed to reapply to come back on campus until next year at the earliest.
Pike was not found responsible for the hazing violations. The board felt there was not enough strong evidence to find them responsible for this charge which violated Florida State Law.
"It appears that the board did their job fairly," says Steve Orlando, Director for University Relations. "That they looked at the evidence correctly and that they took everything into consideration that they should have and it seems like a reasonable conclusion that they reached."
The recommendation will be given to the Dean of Students and he will have the final decision by the end of next week. Once the final decision is made the fraternity does have the right to appeal to the Student Affairs Office.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV 20 News
- FDLE investigating Gainesville Fraternal Order of Police's finances
- Fraternity House Vandalized
- UF Fraternity Allowed To Register As An Official Student Organization
- Fraternity To Be Closed Immediately on University of Florida Campus
- One Fraternity Cycling Across the State for A Cause
- Fraternity Helps Toys for Tots
- UF fraternity honors World War II veteran
- UF fraternity under investigation, three members expelled
- UF fraternity under fire for disrespecting veterans
- UF Suspends Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity