State Legislature Cracking Down on Sex Solicitors.
State Legislators are looking at a bill that would charge an adult solicitor with a second degree felony punishable up to fifteen years.
Right now, a violation is just a third degree felony, punishable by up to just five years. The proposal would also allow every on-line illegal conversation between a minor and an adult be treated as a separate crime. It would also require sexual predators to register their email addresses and instant messaging names with authorities.
Experts say that would narrow the gap between federal and state laws. Detective Fred Cummings says, "I think it will bring it more in line with the federal penalties. And gives the state prosecutors a little more lead way. And more decision making abilities in combating the problem and addressing these issues."
Tallahassee insiders say the bill is all-but-certain to become a law in the coming weeks. That's after the house and senate work out their technical differences.
- President Obama Forms Task Force to Crack Down on College Sex Assaults
- UF Attempts to Crack Down on Graduation Selfies
- Panama City cracks down alcohol sales to minors
- Boater Safety Being Cracked Down On
- City Officials And UF Team Up To Crack Down On Front Lawn Parking
- GPD to Crack Down on Loud Car Stereos
- GPD Cracking Down on Jaywalkers
- Gainesville Police Cracking Down on Jaywalking
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- Police Cracking Down on Bike Thefts