Teacher In Trouble
Chiefland Mother Jacqueline McClendon is upset her daughter called to say her English teacher put the terms on the chalkboard as part of a poetry lesson.
McClendon says the teacher, Mrs. Melody Irizarry should be fired.
"In our social system, you just can't use those words," says McClendon. "She could have caused some type of riot. She could have caused a classroom fight."
Levy County Schools Spokesman Mike Todd says Irizarry is under paid administration until an investigation is complete. Todd adds the superintendent has the power to determine if and how much she will get punished. He expects the investigaion to take between one and three weeks.
By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV 20 News
- Tampa teacher in trouble with the law
- Teacher in Trouble
- Teacher in Trouble for Facebook Comments
- Gainesville Bar In Trouble
- Local Summer Program Hopes To Keep Teens Out Of Trouble
- Hotel Financial Trouble
- Summer Program Hopes To Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- School in Trouble
- Trouble-makers in Bars Beware!
- Potato Chips Get Another UF Football Player in Trouble