Father Saves Two, Dies in Fire
Firefighters say flames had already engulfed the home and collapsed part of the roof when they arrived in Satsuma about 3 A.M.
Putnam County Emergency Operations and Preparedness Quin Romay says six people made it out, but a father, mother and two boys died in the fire. He couldn't release any names but says the father is a hero.
"He had just gotten two of the kids out through a window at the end of the hallway," says Romay. "He had gone back in for what we understand to get the third kid, the 3- year old and never returned. That's where we found him and the 3 year old, a short distance from the window."
Romay says five other people made it out with some injuires and one other child made it out safely. He adds there were no smoke detectors found in the home.
- Crash Kills Two Fathers and Two Teens in Dixie County
- Student Dies After Saving Schoolmate's Life In Crash
- Gainesville Man Dies While Saving Drowning Kids
- Two Local Men Save Man Who Drove Into Pond
- Two Men Missing After Trying to Save Boy from River
- Young Girls Liver Saves Two Lives
- Alachua County Fire... Saving Lives
- Neighbor Saves Elderly Man from Apartment Fire
- Man Saved in House Fire
- Daughter And Father Save Three Teens From Burning Car