Forest High School
The future of electrical power is looking sunnier at one north central florida school. Some students are not only learning about alternative sources of energy, they are putting them to good use.
Forest high school recently received approval from the solar energy center to be a sunsmart school and that is why Progress Energy teamed up with Forest High School to install and monitor solar panels on top of the roof of the concession stand. The panels were turned on at a special event which will now provide the school with an additional source of power.
John Masiello of Progress Energy says, "We're looking for alternatives. We're looking for viable options. What this has, is the potential to be one of these components."
Now that the cells are functioning...E.M.I.T students will be in charge of analyzing the data from this solar process on the internet.
By Sarah Pusateri, WCJB TV 20 News.
- Forest High School Employee Arrested for Molesting a Child
- Six Neighboring High Schools Rank in Newsweek's Top 1500 Public High School List
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting
- High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
- Florida's High Schools Improving
- One Marion County High School Cuts Agriculture Program
- High Fuel Costs Cause School Buses To Scale Back Their Routes
- Eastside High School's Soulfest Brings Down the House
- Vanguard High School Renovation
- K-9 Unit at High Springs School